Friday, January 02, 2004

Happy New Year to everyone who reads this blog... who is... well... me... but whatever...

It always amuses me when I read passages in the Book of Mormon, like Alma 9:31-32, which states...


31 - Now it came to pass that when I, Alma, had spoken these words, behold, the people were wroth with me because I said unto them that they were a hard-hearted and a stiffnecked people.

32 - And also because I said unto them that they were a lost and a fallen people they were angry with me, and sought to lay their hands upon me, that they might cast me into prison.


Um... Alma? What did you think they'd do? I do find this story interesting, the only reason that Alma went back and bothered was because he was commanded to do so. A lot of people are more than willing to pelt you with a denunciation of your faults and evils, but that's not the same thing as what Alma was commanded to do. He was commanded to warn the people for their sake.

Sometimes I wonder if the delivery could've been better... like with Nephi and his brothers... they never liked being told they needed to repent either...

--Ray

No comments: