Monday, September 12, 2011

Still his brethren

Alma 17:2 - is a bittersweet scripture for me. I have friends that I have loved and drawn close to--and nothing makes me rejoice more than to know they're still trying to live the Gospel. Sadly, however, the reverse of this sentiment is what happens when I run into a friend of ages past, only to find they've completely abandoned their testimony. It's so disappointing. The excuses are there. Or there's an emptiness in them--something they cannot even tell me, but I know it's gone. It's a hard thing. It leaves me feeling lost and disconnected--something that was once a substantial part of our friendship has died. While those that have remained faithful only seem to have grown greater--and it's almost as though we'd never left one another.

No comments: